Det begås dagligen ett stort antal jihadistiska terrordåd runt om i världen. Större delen av dem anses "ointressanta" av gammelpressen.Och du får således aldrig läsa om dem....
Lyckligtvis finns fortfarande några goda informationskällor för den intresserade.
The Religion of Peace torde vara välkänd för mina läsare. Sedan över 20 år levererar de dagligen statistik över islamistiska terrordåd.
Deras lilla faktaruta finns på många bloggar:
Det israeliska forskninginstitutet ITIC (The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center) ger varannan vecka ut en rapport om de större islamistgruppernas terrordåd, Spotlight on Global Jihad
Ett litet utdrag ur den senaste:
Main events of the past week
- Afghanistan: ISIS’s Khorasan Province significantly increased its activity against the Taliban in Afghanistan over the past three weeks. The province expanded its activity and also acted against the Pakistani security forces on the eastern side of the border. One noteworthy attack was carried out on October 3, 2021, when a suicide bomber detonated his explosive belt among senior Taliban operatives taking part in a mourning ceremony at a mosque in Kabul.
- During the period under review, there was a relative decrease in ISIS’s activity in most of the provinces, apart from Iraq:
- Syria: ISIS’s activity focused on the Syrian Desert region, mainly against the Syrian army and the forces supporting it. Russian Air Force planes repeatedly attacked ISIS targets in the area. ISIS claimed responsibility for damage to the electricity grid in Damascus, causing prolonged power outages in the city.
- Iraq: ISIS’s activity continued, mainly against the Iraqi security forces and the forces supporting them. Most of the activity focused on the Diyala Province. ISIS released a video calling on its operatives to continue to carry out terrorist attacks against the Iraqi authorities.
- The Sinai Peninsula: The head of ISIS’s Sharia activity in the Sinai Peninsula and his family turned themselves in to the tribal militias in Sinai, which support the Egyptian army. This is the most senior official in ISIS’s Sinai Province who has surrendered to the Egyptian authorities. At the same time, ISIS continued its activity against the Egyptian security forces and the forces supporting them, albeit on a small scale.
- Africa: ISIS’s West Africa and Central Africa provinces continued their intensive activity against the security forces and Christian residents, mainly in Nigeria and the Congo. French President Emmanuel Macron has confirmed that ISIS’s leader in the Sahara was killed by French forces.
- Asia: India’s National Investigation Agency (NIA) has released a report indicating that ISIS has recently been attempting to recruit operatives in India. According to the report, up to now 37 terrorist attacks in India have been thwarted, the last of which was in June 2021. Indonesia’s security forces killed Ali Kalora, leader of the East Indonesia Mujahideen (MIT), a jihadi organization that pledged allegiance to ISIS in 2014.
- German police thwarted an attack that was about to be carried out at a synagogue on Yom Kippur in the West German city of Hagen.
- The battle for hearts and minds: An article in ISIS’s Al-Naba’ weekly addressed the importance of propaganda and media activity to promote jihad.